Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

     Heading back to Mexico with a truckload of much needed supplies has always been easy for me. I so look forward to being on the road again.  It has been a long time coming and I am excited about getting to the farm, greeting  the smiling faces and seeing how much or how little the lavender has grown. We are on the road for two days from Houston to Pozos but even that is okay because the
scenery is spectacular with the mountains and mesas all along the way.
     We have now put out bee boxes in the lavender fields to supplement our small production of fresh
lavender honey, and Cynthia and I, while in the states have taken bee classes. What fun we had in the bee suits, 3 of which are included in our supplies heading south.  I expect the upcoming harvest of
grosso, our best lavender for oil, will be much larger than last year so we are expecting a new bumper crop of bees stealing the nectar from the plants. This new venture with the bees and the honey is
interesting.  Another gift from the bees is their stinger.  I learned last year from a local Shaman that if you hold the bee's wings back and place the stinger directly onto your body part that is in pain, the bee will sting you of course, but he releases a venom that will help arthritis, swollen limbs and other
miscellaneous pains.
     Of course I had to try it on my swollen knee.....OUCH, OUCH. OUCH and DAMN!
But within minutes, I could walk freely and the pain subsided.  Another wonder of the nature
around us.





   

No comments:

Post a Comment